Zara is slaying it with their graphics game.
Last week I celebrated my 27th birthday. While I love the celebratory, loving spirit of this time of year, I always tend to dwell a little too much on what I haven’t accomplished yet rather than what’s to come. It’s not a good habit, and I’m trying to break it. In that spirit, here are 27 things that I am so very grateful for accomplishing during the past year.
image via Novella Royale
I’m always intrigued by artists who find original ways of expressing themselves. While I often feel I have so much to express, I’m constantly stumped as to how to do it; my mind simply goes toward writing or drawing and I often times feel unfulfilled. It’s always inspiring to see fresh forms of work, and Alexander Korzer-Robinson has completely captivated my imagination. A few years ago, I found his work scary – now, maybe because I’m older (?) I find it whimsical. Using old books, he creates narrative collages as a way of representing the inner self for the viewer to dive into. As if the use of books wasn’t nostalgic enough, Alexander only uses images found within the book creating a specific world that each viewer will remember differently. While we reflect within the book, we are the book, finding our own personal sentiment with what is only on the inside.
We don’t always have time to cook a huge, delicious breakfast and hit up a yoga class before our day starts. I believe your entire day can very much go in the direction of however it begins so I try to follow these steps to ensure it’s the best!
1. Wake up, do not press snooze.
2. Do not press snooze more than once.
3. Eat a healthy, filling breakfast. I’m partial to yogurt & blueberries or oatmeal.
4. Coffee is heavenly, but try to stick to tea after one cup.
5. Plan an outfit that makes you feel like a boss.
6. Pack essentials so you’re prepared for the day. (Headphones, a change of shoes, sunnies, a healthy snack, etc.)
7. Put a smile on your face and a good attitude in your mind.
8. Work it like that hustler that you are.