While the fashion world is in full Fall Mode, August has just arrived and it’s still summer in my mind. I’m excited for cozy sweaters and changing leaves but still want to savor the final weeks of summer. Here are some of the little summer indulgences I hope to enjoy (either for the first time or fiftieth) before the cooler weather comes!
1. Scour flea markets for inspiration & fun trinkets to make my new apartment feel more like a home. I love Emily’s post on the best (and cheapest!) flea market finds.
2. Go to the beach, and actually go in the water!
3. Enjoy a soft pretzel and a beer at a Dodgers game.
4. Dancing and drinks on a rooftop, any rooftop will do.
5. Take a cruise to Catalina. (It’s free if you cruise on your birthday!)
6.Work up the nerve for a major hair makeover. It’s been a long time coming but I just can’t commit!
7. Find the perfect pair of over-the-knee boots. I’m partial to these beauties.
8. Watch The Outsiders at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
9. Venture out to Malibu for fancy drinks and photo ops.
10. Focus more on living in the present. *
*This isn’t strictly reserved for the summer months but there really is no time like the present. **
**See?!? Already getting better!